Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bump Sandra Bullock- I'm gettin' the Oscar!


Well. I guess I should be really happy that I have an interview set up for tomorrow but...Okay.

I want to express my gratitude to the potential employer who called me for my Monday morning scheduled interview. The effort I have made to prepare for this possible opportunity that has been bestowed upon me is truly appreciated. I was given the chance to spend at least two or so hours to research many things about the company that probably won't come up in any kind of "normal" conversation. The forced facts that will be vomited up during inconvenient silences to prove I have done my homework will be flushed from my mind once the interview is complete. Did any of you know these unimportant tidbits about your company? Huh? You don't give a shit I guess. I digress.

No ,I wasn't aware my responsibilities would also include things like writing the business plan for a company that has been in business for 22 years, going on Costco runs and repaving the parking lot. Was that information listed in the posting?

Oh, there are no health benefits, or paid days off until after two years of service? Well, that seems to be a trend so I understand.

I see, the two numbers you mentioned when I asked "the rate" of the position was an annual rate, not an hourly rate. Thanks for clarifying.

I will be reporting to your son who has recently dropped out of film and television program at the local university to become the new CFO? Oh of course that makes sense! Sure I can work closely with him to make sure HR and Finance is in order. FOR THE SAME HOURLY RATE OF PAY.

Yes, I do have a few questions. When are you looking to make a....oh, okay. There are other candidates and there is a three interview process required? No. I have no more questions, I will wait until hopefully we meet again. Thank you for your time.

So yeah, I don't have any emotion left when it comes to doing an interview. I am sick of being disappointed. If my attitude comes off as negative, you are wrong. It is just that I am indifferent which can sometimes come across as being pessimistic. I was positive for the first 11 of my 16 unemployed months and the last drop eeked out about October-ish. I have learned to be quiet and just wait to see what happens.

Stay tuned folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment